44 Gallons Web Support FAQ
- How can I sign in to my site?
- I can’t sign in with the password you've sent me.
- How do I change my password?
- What's a quick way to switch between my sites?
- Can I invite other people to edit my site?
- Can I create multiple sites with one e-mail address?
- I paid for 44GallonsWeb Pro, but the payment was refused. Why?
- How can I delete my account or site?
How can I sign in to my site?
There are three ways to sign in to your site. The easiest is to sign in through www.44gallonsweb.com — find the Sign in link in the top right corner.
For more experienced 44GallonsWeb users there's a small 44GallonsWeb. Everyone can create a website. icon in the bottom of each 44GallonsWeb template — click on it to open a sign in window for your site.
If you've created a custom template, you might not see the icon, so just add 'admin' to the end of your site url (eg. www.yourdoimain.com/admin or mysite.44gallonsweb.com/admin).
I can’t sign in with the password you've sent me.
Check if you typed the password correctly. If you've copied and pasted it, make sure you haven't picked up extra spaces or characters by accident. Try typing it in again, and if that doesn't work, click the "Forgot password" link on the Sign in window. If you've tried all of these and you're still not having any luck, get in touch with us firstname.lastname@example.org.
How do I change my password?
To change your password go to "Site" → "People" and click edit on your profile to change the password.
What's a quick way to switch between my sites?
If you have registered several accounts (sites) with one e-mail address, then you can quickly switch between them by clicking on the "Site" icon. After that you can see all the sites tied to this e-mail address and you make your choice by clicking on one of them. You can also create a new site by clicking on "Create another site" link.
Can I invite other people to edit my site?
Yes, you can, it’s quite simple. Just go to "Site" → "People" → "Invite a new user". Enter the other person’s e-mail address and an invitation will be sent there. If your friend is a new user of 44GallonsWeb, they will be directed to a login screen where he/she is asked to enter a password. After that they are directed to your website’s edit mode.
If your friend is already an 44GallonsWeb user, he/she just has to click on the link in the invitation e-mail sent to his e-mail address.
Can I create multiple sites with one e-mail address?
Yes, you can. Go to www.44gallonsweb.com, click "Create a site now" and enter your e-mail address. 44GallonsWeb will direct you to a pop-up window, where you have two possibilities: create a new site or log into your existing site.
I paid for 44GallonsWeb Pro, but the payment was refused. Why?
There are a couple of different reasons why your payment might have been refused.
- Firstly, please make sure that you were using a credit card, as we don’t accept payments from debit cards.
- Secondly, the problem might be there aren’t sufficient funds on your credit card. Don’t worry, you can always try again and a monthly payment 44GallonsWeb Pro period.
- Thirdly, the payment might get refused because of a fraud suspicion. Sometimes this happens even though you’re perfectly good citizen. In this case try to complete the payment via PayPal. If you don’t have a PayPal account, write to us at email@example.com and we’ll find out a way to get your payment through.
Finally if you really were trying to cheat our system and got caught, then great, our system is fraud-proof.
How can I delete my account or site?
If you really need to delete your website then go to "Site" → "Settings" and click the "Account details" button. Scroll to the end of the page and click on "Proceed to cancellation page" link.
NB! Remember that your decision must be final, as there is no way back.