44 Gallons Web Support FAQ
- How can I change the address of my site?
- I’ve added my personal address but it still shows the default 44gallonsweb.com address.
- My custom address without “www” opens my 44GallonsWeb site but with “www” it doesn’t. What is wrong?
How can I change the address of my site?
Go to "Site" → "Addresses". Click on the options to either add, edit or delete an address.
When you add a new address you can choose between three options:
- "Buy new address" — buy a new personal address (like mycompany.com, mycompany.net etc) from 44GallonsWeb (this requires an 44GallonsWeb Pro account)
- "Use existing address" — the external address that you already own (requires 44GallonsWeb Pro account)
- "Create free address" — choose this one if you want to add a free "myname.44gallonsweb.com" address
I’ve added my personal address but it still shows the default 44gallonsweb.com address.
Your default 44gallonsweb.com address will continue to exist side by side with your own personal address (whether it’s a personal 44gallonsweb.com address or a domain tied to your Pro account). You can see your site on your new address when you enter the address to your browser’s address bar.
My custom address without “www” opens my 44GallonsWeb site but with “www” it doesn’t. What is wrong?
This means that your main domain address (eg mycompany.com) is redirected correctly but the subdomain (www.mycompany.com) isn’t. To correct this you have to make one more change in your domain name servers.
If the record “www” exists in your server then you have to verify that it’s type is CNAME and the value is your domain name (eg mycompany.com). If it isn’t then correct it (if the record type of “www” is A-record then delete it and add again as CNAME -record).
If the record “www” doesn’t exist in your server then you have to add a new sub-domain record with name “www”, record type as CNAME and the value of it is your domain name (eg mycompany.com).